french mythbusters #1
- (Western) American ladies are much, MUCH hairier than French ladies, and the French I’ve met don’t fuck around with shaving, either. Waxing all the way.
- Deodorant is totally a thing. Even the homeless smell decent, except for the piss, so like decent plus piss.
- Cars are not generally smaller than US cars. Most are 4-doored, and I’ve seen an equal mix of both small and SUV types.
- Forcible tanning is HUGE. Orange is apparently considered an illustrious hue amongst the femmes.
- French people do experience pastry guilt.
- Folks like to say that the French don’t speak English because they’re rude, nationalistic, or both — not so. They don’t speak English because they think they suck at it. Most of them are correct.
- It’s not all farmer’s markets and boulangeries. France even has its own massively popular version of Wal-Mart. This is where one goes to purchase bulk-size jars of Nutella.
- You have not seen a mall until you’ve seen a European mall. It’s like Black Friday in Jersey Shore every living day of the week, one of the most legitimately terrifying places I have ever been.